Saturday, July 12, 2008

I've Found the Cure

I've discovered the cure for post-op knee pain: get your gut ripped open. Seriously, you won't notice the knee pain much at all.

I'm having home health nurses daily for awhile to do the dressing changes. Yeah, I can do them my own self, but it's good to have someone else keeping an eye on how the wounds look. I tend to ignore things when they happen to me.

PT Bruce will be back to see me here at home. Apparently, in order to have home health you have to stay at home. No shopping, no outings -- except, get this, you can go get your hair done. I kid you not. I'm sure there are exceptions like doctor's appointments, but they pretty much expect that you aren't able to go somewhere to get the dressings changed.

It's good to be home. I think everyone missed me. The cat has been hanging around me more than usual. The dog, you can never tell what is going on in his hard head. The bird just babbles. I think she says, "Hello!" Hubby's happy to have me back. That's always nice. :-)

No comments: