Sunday, May 4, 2008

Post-Op Day 33

Just short of 5 weeks post-op, and I think I am doing pretty well. I've been discharged from home physical therapy, and I will start outpatient PT on Monday.

I am bending my knee to 113 degrees without difficulty or help. The bigger concern is getting the knee straight. I really have to work on that so it doesn't want to stay bent.

There is still some swelling, especially in the evening. I only use ice sporatically now, usually after a strenuous bout of exercises or after walking too much. I went to the hospital last week for a CT scan of my abdomen (infection brewing,) and as in most hospitals, I had to walk and walk and walk to get to where I was going. Walking on hard floors has always been a problem, with lots of pain after I stop walking. That hasn't changed. I guess I won't be shopping at Wal-Mart anytime soon.

Here is another picture. Not much is changing, I think. Except my tan. You can see that I wear slippers when I am outside, because my toes are very white.

No comments: