Friday, June 13, 2008

How Far Out Am I?

I've lost track. Monday will be 2 weeks, so there you have it. I took a hot bath today. I love my baths. :-) I get the staples out on Monday. PT Bruce gave me a pass today. When he called, he said he was very busy and that I knew what to do, so he didn't feel bad about not coming by. Works for me!

I saw the plastics guy yesterday. I walked more than I should and drove for the first time. It went ok, but by 2 a.m., I was using the walker to go to the kitchen. Today I was able to get by with half the pain meds, though, so there's no rhyme or reason to the pain. The swelling is still about the same.

I don't know how far I am bending the knee. PT Bruce left his measuring thing at his previous client's on Wednesday. He guestimated it was past 100. I'm more concerned with straightening the knee. I don't know if I'd ever in my life been able to completely straighten my knees before surgery. It's haaaard. But it's worth working at it. My right knee straightens and bends like it is supposed to, so I'm sure I can work on the other one and get it straight, too.

~~~~

Speaking of plastics, I have a blog for that. Nothing will happen until the end of the year, so the posts won't be on topic for several months. Anyway, it is girls only. No boy cooties allowed. Not even Groom cooties.

A girl's got to have a place to gather with other females, right? And if I ever decide to post before and after pictures, well... it ain't gonna be a pretty sight. My girls out of the bra right now are not a look I want burned into my husband's retinas, able to pull up online at any given moment. *shudder* He can see the afters all he wants.

And my arm wings are horrendous. A good West wind, and I could fly to my mother's easily. So drop me a line if you want an invite. I doubt it will be of interest to anyone except those who have gone through it or who are planning to go through it, but I'm game.

~~~~

RIP, Tim Russert. He seemed to be a truly nice fella.

~~~~

I use the word "so" a lot. (At least I don't write "alot.")

No comments: