Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Surgery Minus 1 Week

Ack. Time is getting away from me again. This always happens before surgery. I think I have all kinds of time, and then it's here.

I guess I am ready. The surgeon finally refilled my good pain meds to get me through this final week. I won't be able to take aspirin or much of anything except Tylenol and narcotics. Better living through Vicodin.

~Thanks for the ugly legs.~

The Groom took a picture of my knees the other day so I can have a record of before and after. I was puffy from running around all day and half the night. (Ignore the awfully poofy shorts. This was the first thing I grabbed that would show my knees. I am not really shaped like that.) Right now, my legs look like an inverted Y. After surgery on one knee, I guess they will look like a K - one straight, one still crooked.

I remember that I used to wear my shoes out on the sides something awful. They make shoes much better now, so I doubt I'll have to replace any. If they were worn, I'd have to get new ones because my gait and stance will be different.

I measured m'self at the doctor's office today. I am 5'10, exactly. I should be 5'11" when this is all over with. That's pretty darned tall!

No comments: