Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day of Surgery

Here I go. I have to be at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. Not much sleep last night. Both knees are aching something awful. It will be interesting to compare the pain before and after surgery.

Everything went well. Apparently, according to the surgeon as he told The Groom, my leg was very crooked. He put me in a very stiff brace for 24 hours in order to stretch the muscles into the correct positions. Owie. The surgical site doesn't hurt much, but the muscles above and below are very tender. The toradol they have been giving me works woderfully well. Much better even than morphine, which is a bit surprising to me because toradol is not a narcotic.

The big broughaha with me after surgery was that I was totally zonked. They thought at first it was the pain meds, but they finally figured out it was the Benadryl they gave me to keep me from being nauseated. I wouldn't wake up in recovery. The Groom was a bit kerfuffled about it all, but I eventually woke up and everything was fine.

No comments: