Friday, April 11, 2008

Post-Op Day 10, Continued

I am walking with a cane now and doing some new exercises. Remember my brag about not using ice? Scratch that. I'm back on the ice packs and ice machine. In fact, The Groom is at the store buying ice right now.

I am using the leg more, and using the muscles in a different way. Ouch. But it is progress, right? Bruce measured my knee angle and today it was ...drumroll, please...
100 degrees! ^happy dance*

I asked him to measure my "good" leg while sitting, and he said it was about 115 degrees when I bent it as far as I could. I will be very happy if I can get the right knee to bend that much. That would get me in and out of the car and the bath. What more does a gal need?

Oh, and I think Bruce was drinking this morning. Ick.

I get the staples out on Monday. I should probably get a picture before that. Whoever stapled me managed to get a fairly straight line. I always find that amazing for some reason. I doubt my surgeon did it. Those guys usually scoot out of the OR as soon as they are done and let others finish things up.

No comments: