Thursday, April 3, 2008

Two Days Post-op

I am home. I got sprung early because I am doing so well. This isn't bad at all. I've certainly had much more painful surgeries in the past year. I have an electric ice pack thingy with a knee wrap to use that feels really good. I'm taking Vicodin 5/500, which isn't very strong. If I could soak in a hot bath, I'd be in heaven.

Home health will come twice a week to draw INR/PT times because I am on coumadin. Physical therapy will come starting tomorrow to torture me. :-) I did very well with PT today at the hospital, which is why I got to come home early. I did the stairs just fine, and I'm hardly using the walker for weight bearing. I am still getting used to walking on a straight leg. It's hard to see how much straighter it is because it is swollen quite a bit. Once it looks more normal, I'll have pictures taken.

It is good to be home with The Groom, the dog, the cat, the fish, and the love birds. I'm having a monster taco for dinner. (Yes, hospital food is still nasty, so I'm hungry.)

No comments: